Parmesan Herb Dog Treats
For example, oregano can heal bacterial infections.
Mint freshens up that famous doggie breath!
Parsley helps soothe inflamed joints. This means it can help relieve arthritis pain.
Lavender calms and soothes an anxious pup.
Rosemary soothes the stomach. So, mix and match your herbs.
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 ccracked wheat
1 cwheat flour
1/2 crye flour
2 tspminced garlic
1/2 cpowdered milk
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cwarm water
1/2 crice flour
2 Tbspparsley flakes
2 cchicken broth (low sodium or homemade
FOR THE GLAZE
How to Make Parmesan Herb Dog Treats
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add broth, oil, cheese, dry milk, and herbs. Gradually blend in the flours and cracked wheat. Add enough wheat flour to form a stiff dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape the dough into a ball and roll to 1/2 in. thick.
- Cut out treats in desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets about 1/4 in. apart.
- Bake at 325 for 45 min. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk for the glaze. Brush the biscuits with glaze, turn and brush other side.
- Bake for another 30 minutes. Cool completely before giving to your dog