Uses for peppermint oil
Any essential oil should be place in something, whether it is a carrier oil or some other form of liquid.
For massage oils, a 1 percent concentration is recommended, which would equal 1 drop of peppermint essential oil for every teaspoon of carrier oil.
How to Make Uses for peppermint oil
- 1Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
- 2Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
- 3Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the area of injury to reduce inflammation.
- 4Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
- 5Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
- 6Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
- 7Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
- 8Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy.
- 9Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
- 10To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
- 11To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck. Works well when blended with Lavender, too!
- 12Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
- 13Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- 14For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
- 15Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
- 16Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
- 17If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
- 18Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand) to relieve pain.
- 19To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
- 20Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
- 21Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
- 22Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
- 23Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
- 24Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- 25Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- 26To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
- 27Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
- 28Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes.