How to Make Mosquito Traps-Homemade
- Cut plastic bottle in half.
- Microwave or heat water on stove so it's hot - not boiling. Mix brown sugar with the hot water and let cool. When cool, pour it in the bottom half of the plastic bottle.
- Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
- Place the funnel part of the plastic bottle upside down into the bottom half of the plastic bottle. Tape them together with BLACK electrical tape. Wraping black tape will help attract more mosquitoes as they are attracted to dark colors.
- Leave the top of the plastic bottle uncovered and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering areas.