Homemade Diaper Wipes
How to Make Homemade Diaper Wipes
- Start with 1 roll of Bounty Select-A-Size paper towels. They really need to be Bounty. I use off brand paper towels for general use, but I tried them once as wipes and they fall apart and don't clean baby bottoms nearly as well as Bounty.
- Pull the wrapper off and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp non-serrated knife, cut the roll in half. They will look sort of like 2 toilet paper rolls. Keep one half, and put the other one away for next time.
- You need a container to place the wipes in that is big enough to fit the paper towels into. The cover also needs to seal well so they don't dry out. There is one at Target that is just round with a tight fitting top that will do the job, or you can re-use a former, empty, cleaned container that will allow the roll to fit into it.
- Measure out the baby wash, and the baby oil; add both of these to the container. Add the water, and stir together.
- Place the roll of paper towel into the container, and shut or screw on the lid tight. Turn the container upside down, and leave it down until the paper towels are soaked through.
- Turn the container back over, remove the lid, and pull out the cardboard roll from the center of the roll. Pull the outside layer out through the top. Seal back up and store! Voila!