By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 lbboneless turkey meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 largeonion, peeled and diced
12 oznew potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
1green bell pepper, diced
14 ozcan italian tomatoes, drained
1/2 tspfreeze-dried thyme
1/2 tspfreeze-dried oregano
·salt and pepper to taste
6 ozsweet corn kernels
How to Make Vermont Stew
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole and fry the turkey pieces until golden brown.
- Add the onions, potatoes and pepper.
- Mix in the tomatoes, breaking them up slightly with a fork.
- Add the herbs and enough water just to cover the turkey.
- Simmer on top of the stove or in an oven preheated to 350 for 45 minutes.
- Season generously then add sweet corn.
- If the sauce is very thin, dissolve a teaspoon of cornflour in a little water and stir it into the casserole.
- Bring gently to the boil until the sauce thickens.