By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1.5 lb
- boneless turkey meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large
- onion, peeled and diced
- 12 oz
- new potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
- green bell pepper, diced
- 14 oz
- can italian tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp
- freeze-dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- freeze-dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz
- sweet corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Vermont Stew
- 1Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole and fry the turkey pieces until golden brown.
- 2Add the onions, potatoes and pepper.
- 3Mix in the tomatoes, breaking them up slightly with a fork.
- 4Add the herbs and enough water just to cover the turkey.
- 5Simmer on top of the stove or in an oven preheated to 350 for 45 minutes.
- 6Season generously then add sweet corn.
- 7If the sauce is very thin, dissolve a teaspoon of cornflour in a little water and stir it into the casserole.
- 8Bring gently to the boil until the sauce thickens.