Turkey Stuffed Peppers
We also like to have garlic bread and a simple salad with this.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 box14oz brown rice, raw (instant)
2 lbground turkey (97/3)
2 jar(s)large ragu spagetti sauce (traditional or heart healthy)
12 mediumbell peppers (your own color prefrence)
How to Make Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- in a large bowl mix about 2 cups of your sauce with the turkey and uncooked rice. Mix very well I use my hands to mix this up. It just seems to mix the best set this aside, set the oven at 400 degrees
- clean all your peppers, cut the top off just enough so the stem on the inside is cut off.
- pull or cut out the middle seeds and core.
- spoon the mixture into the empty peppers.make sure and push the mixture down to fill up all the crevices.
- place the peppers one at a time in to a large deep dish I use 2 casserole dish's.Usually 6 in each one depending on the size of the peppers
- pour the remaining sauce around the peppers
- place the dish in the oven, I prefer to cover mine with aluminum foil and cook for about 45 min. I take the foil off and cook another 10 min.
- I like to put any leftover meat in between the peppers it still gets the flavor, and for those that don't like the peppers (kids lol) you can say it was not cooked in the pepper!
- also I use the tops around the peppers as well.The more Pepper taste the merrier I say! We just take them out when they are done cooking
- when the juice in the pepper runs clear and you can poke the meat with a fork as well they are done. If your worried leave them in another 10 min. It has never dried mine out. You may want to pour the extra juice out from the sides when you serve.
- serve them up with plenty of sauce and ENJOY!!!!!