TURKEY PITA SALAD
Typically, I make this using nearly a full 6-ounce container of lemon yogurt. However, the original magazine recipe called for the mayonnaise-yogurt mix. It's good either way.
- 2 c
- roasted turkey, chopped or shredded (about 2/3 of a pound)
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 c
- red onion, chopped
- 6 ounce container lemon yogurt or
- 6 Tbsp
- mayonnaise and 4 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- pecans or walnuts, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- pita pockets
- 1 1/2 c
- lettuce leaves (torn)
- 4 Tbsp
- monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
How to Make TURKEY PITA SALAD
- 1In a bowl, combine turkey, cranberries, celery, onion, nuts, yogurt (or mayonnaise-yogurt) and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- 2Cut a thin slice from tops of 4 pitas and carefully open the pocket. Line each with 1/4 of the lettuce and 1/4 of the turkey mixture (cheese optional).
- 3NOTE: This is better if refrigerated a few hours. Gives the cranberries time to plump a little.