1 pkg(12) white or yellow corn tortillas, uncooked
1/2 ccanola oil ,approx
3 cturkey, off of the carcass
2 can(s)green enchilada sauce
1 to 2 lbmushrooms sliced
1 cblack olives (sliced or chopped)
1 mediumonion (chopped)
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
2 cpepper jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Turkey Enchiladas
- Prepare pans 1 for baking & 1 for precooking tortillas.
1-line one rectangle pan with aluminum foil (heavy duty is best)
2- heat cooking oil in small frying pan.
Prepare a plate for draining tortillas such as cheese cloth, paper towels etc. Have enough to put between layers of tortillas. Place this next to the frying pan and assembly line.
- When oil is hot place one tortilla in the oil. Only let the oil heat the tortilla for a few seconds (if over cooked they will be stiff; not roll-able). Using an edge turner (spatula) to press the tortilla under the oil; quickly remove the tortilla from the oil and place on the covered plate to drain. I usually place four tortillas on the plate (spread out around the perimeter).
- When done with tortillas move to the assembly line. Pour some enchilada sauce in a pie plate for dipping the tortillas. Make sure the tortillas are completely covered with sauce.
- When the pan is full with enchiladas placed tightly together then pour sauce over the whole pan. Add cheese onto the top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put into the preheated oven. Two to three minutes before they the enchiladas are finished cooking remove the foil & place on top shelf to broil the cheese until golden brown.