★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- (12) white or yellow corn tortillas, uncooked
- 1/2 c
- canola oil ,approx
- 3 c
- turkey, off of the carcass
- 2 can(s)
- green enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 lb
- mushrooms sliced
- 1 c
- black olives (sliced or chopped)
- 1 medium
- onion (chopped)
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 c
- pepper jack cheese, shredded
How to Make Turkey Enchiladas
- 3Prepare pans 1 for baking & 1 for precooking tortillas.
1-line one rectangle pan with aluminum foil (heavy duty is best)
2- heat cooking oil in small frying pan.
Prepare a plate for draining tortillas such as cheese cloth, paper towels etc. Have enough to put between layers of tortillas. Place this next to the frying pan and assembly line.
- 5When oil is hot place one tortilla in the oil. Only let the oil heat the tortilla for a few seconds (if over cooked they will be stiff; not roll-able). Using an edge turner (spatula) to press the tortilla under the oil; quickly remove the tortilla from the oil and place on the covered plate to drain. I usually place four tortillas on the plate (spread out around the perimeter).
- 6When done with tortillas move to the assembly line. Pour some enchilada sauce in a pie plate for dipping the tortillas. Make sure the tortillas are completely covered with sauce.
- 8When the pan is full with enchiladas placed tightly together then pour sauce over the whole pan. Add cheese onto the top.
- 9Cover the pan with aluminum foil and put into the preheated oven. Two to three minutes before they the enchiladas are finished cooking remove the foil & place on top shelf to broil the cheese until golden brown.