TURKEY BREAST ROAST & Mayonnaise trick
Nancy J. Patrykus
This combo makes the best tasting gravy I have ever had !
With slow roasting the meat stays so tender and juicy. I have never had a better tasting turkey breast.
- 5-6 lb
- fresh or frozen (thawed) turkey breast
- 1/4 c
- melted butter
- 1-10 1/2 oz
- canned chicken broth
- 1-2 Tbsp
How to Make TURKEY BREAST ROAST & Mayonnaise trick
- 1Use a foil lined 13x9 inch roasting pan.
Combine butter and chicken broth, pour over turkey.
Rub mayonnaise all over turkeys exterior.
Salt lightly if desired.
Roast at 300F until internal temperature reaches 170F. I raise the temperature to 350F for the last 30-35 minutes to crisp the skin.
- 2Remove from oven and let sit for about 30 minutes
- 3If you need to make a lot of gravy, double the butter and broth.
- 4To make the gravy: pour pan drippings into a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon cornstarch per cup of broth/ drippings
to 1/4 cup cold water. ( You usually need 2-3 Tablespoons). Mix well to dissolve. Stir cornstarch mixture into broth and stir till thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste. If to thin dissolve more cornstarch in water and add until desired thickness.
If to thick just add more water or broth.