Susan's Turkey Chimichangas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbground turkey meat
1 jar(s)your favorite salsa
2 1/4 oztaco seasoning mix
2 pkgflour tortillas (10 inches in diameter
1 ccanola oil (you may need more later) divided
1 can(s)refried beans fat free
2 cmexican blend shredded cheese divided
1 jar(s)sour cream, fat-free
How to Make Susan's Turkey Chimichangas
- preheat oven to 350 degrees, brown up turkey and add taco seasoning and cook according to seasoning directions.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat shells on both sides with oil, stack and wrap in tin foil. Place shells in oven and heat for 12 min. When you remove the shells, keep oven at 350.
- For assembling: imagine center line of shell, spoon 1 table spoon of beans, 3tbs of meat, 1tbs salsa, sprinkle cheese and fold into center line tuck in corners the fold the rest.
- Once assembling is done you want to add rest oil to skillet over medium-high heat. When hot enough fry each side of chimi for 1 minute (until golden brown) drain on paper towel and put onto foil line baking sheet.
**Special note, after frying and once chimi is cool you may store the extra in freezer bags and freeze them for guest or later meals...
- Once frying is done, sprinkle more salsa on top and rest of cheese then bake for 15 min. until cheese is melted.