Southwestern Turkey Chili and Cornbread
Hope you like it too.
It is a Sandra Lee recipe. From her show semi-homeade cooking circa 2002.
- chili ingredients
- 12 oz
- lean ground turkey breast meat
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 14 1/2 oz can spicy black beans
- 1/4 c
- tomato paste
- sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves, chopped red onion, for garnish
- corn bread ingredients - pre-heat oven to 400 degrees f.
- 11 oz can mexicorn, reserve 2 tbls liquid
- 8 1/2 package corn muffin mix
- non-stick cooking spray
CORN BREAD INGREDIENTS
How to Make Southwestern Turkey Chili and Cornbread
- 1Spray an 8X8X2 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Drain all but 2 tablespoons liquid from Mexicorn. Place reserved 2 tablesppon liquid in a medium bowl. Add egg to liquid and whisk to blend. Stir in Mexicorn, add corn muffin mix and stir until just combined. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- 2Chili: Meanwhile in a large resealable bag toss turkey in flour until flour is absorbed by meat. Heat oil in a wide 2 quart pot over medium heat. Add turkey and cool untiled bowned, about 5 minutes. Crush the canned tomatoes by and and add tomatoes and liquid. Add beans and tomato paste. Simmr over medium-low heat until chilis is slightly thick about 8-10 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls. Top with sour cream, cilantro, and onion. Serve hot with cornbread.