- 3 lb
- ground chicken, or ground turkey breast
- 14 oz jars pizza sauce
- 2 c
- frozen pepper and onion stir fry, thawed and chopped
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- whole wheat sesame rolls
- 8 slice
- reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
How to Make Slow-cooked healthy sloppy joes
- 1Spray a lg skillet w/ cooking spray, place over med-high heat. Cook ground chicken or ground turkey until browned.
- 2In a 4-quart slow-cooker, combine cooked ground chicken or ground turkey, pizza sauce, pepppers and onions and undrained tomatoes. Cook on high for 3-4 hrs or until flavors have melded.
- 3Set oven to broil. Arrange split rolls on broiler pan. Broil rolls 4" from heat until toasted, 1-2 mins. Spoon chicken mix onto bottom of rolls. Top w/ cheese and top of rolls.