Disclaimer: I have not made this recipe, yet. I am posting it as a response in answer to others' requests for some new, different and interesting Weight Watchers recipes.
- 3/4 lb
- hot italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 8 oz
- sliced mushrooms
- 24 oz
- jar of fat-free marinara sauce
- 18 oz
- tube of fat-free plain polenta, cut into 18 rounds
- 10 oz
- pkg. of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 c
- fat-free ricotta cheese
- zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 c
- shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Polenta Lasagna
- 1Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Transfer sausage with a slotted spoon to a plate. Add mushrooms to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Spray a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Spread 1/3 cup of marinara sauce in bottom of slow cooker. Top with 6 slices of the polenta [if they don't cover the bottom entirely, that is A-OK!], half of the spinach, half of the mushrooms. Spread 1/2-cup ricotta over mushrooms and spinach. Top with half of sausage, 1 cup marinara sauce, and half of zucchini. Repeat with 6 slices of polenta, remaining spinach, mushrooms, ricotta and sausage, 1 cup marinara sauce, and remaining zucchini. Top with remaining 6 polenta slices and marinara sauce. Cover and cook until lasagna is hot and bubbling, 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high, or 5 - 6 hours on low.
- 3Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle lasagna with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and let stand 20 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 pieces.