Pesto Green Tomato Turkey Balls
0.5 ozpesto sauce mix
1 lbground turkey
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
1 mediumgreen tomato, diced
1 Tbspspice world roasted garlic
3 ozpackage of french fried onions, crushed
1/2 cshredded pepper jack cheese
1 mediumegg, beatened
CAESAR PESTO SAUCE
1/2 ccaesar dressing
How to Make Pesto Green Tomato Turkey Balls
- Make pesto according to package, set aside. Preheat oven to 400 and spray a cookie sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl add the ground turkey, salt and pepper, tomato, garlic, french fried onions and the cheese.
- Knead together with hands. In a small bowl add the egg and two tablepoons of pesto. Set rest of pesto aside.
- Add the egg mixture to the turkey and knead once again. Make 22 balls and place on prepared sheet. bake 15 minutes, then baste tops with pesto. Bake 15 minutes longer and baste one more time. Bake 5 more minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the dressing and the pesto. Chill 15 minutes.