My Orange Glazed Turkey with Cranberry Rice
- (8.9 ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked brown rice. (i used uncle ben's ready rice)
- 1/2 c
- orage-flavored dried sweetened cranberries (used craisins)
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped pecan, toasted
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/2 lb
- turkey cutlets (i used 12)
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, divided
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/3 c
- low-sugar orange marmalade
How to Make My Orange Glazed Turkey with Cranberry Rice
- 1I placed the chopped pecans in a non-stick skillet and toasted them on medium-high heat. (Watch not to burn them). When toasted I place them in a bowl and set them aside.
- 2Prepare rice in the microwave according to package directions.
- 3Remove rice from microwave. Place cranberries in a medium bowl and pour hot rice over cranberries and let stand 1 minute.
- 4Stir in pecans and 1/8 teaspoon salt into cranberries and cover and keep warm.
- 5Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from stove and coat pan with cooking spray and return to heat.
- 6Sprinkle turkey cutlets evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 7Add cutlets to pan, salt side down and cook for 1 minute.
- 8Coat cutlets with cooking spray and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- 9Turn cutlets and cook 1 minute or cook through.
- 10Transfer turkey to a platter. Keep warm
- 11Turn off heat to hot skillet and add marmalade and stir 30 seconds or until spreadable and warmed.
- 12Return turkey and accumulated juices to skillet, turning to coat cutlets.
- 13Spoon rice mixture onto a serving plate and top rice with turkey cutlets; spoon sauce over cutlets and serve hot. (I served three cutlets per person)
- 14Serve with your favorite veg's and salad. Enjoy!