My Orange Glazed Turkey with Cranberry Rice
1(8.9 ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked brown rice. (i used uncle ben's ready rice)
1/2 corage-flavored dried sweetened cranberries (used craisins)
2 Tbspchopped pecan, toasted
1 1/2 lbturkey cutlets (i used 12)
1/4 tspsalt, divided
·butter-flavored cooking spray
1/3 clow-sugar orange marmalade
How to Make My Orange Glazed Turkey with Cranberry Rice
- I placed the chopped pecans in a non-stick skillet and toasted them on medium-high heat. (Watch not to burn them). When toasted I place them in a bowl and set them aside.
- Prepare rice in the microwave according to package directions.
- Remove rice from microwave. Place cranberries in a medium bowl and pour hot rice over cranberries and let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans and 1/8 teaspoon salt into cranberries and cover and keep warm.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from stove and coat pan with cooking spray and return to heat.
- Sprinkle turkey cutlets evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Add cutlets to pan, salt side down and cook for 1 minute.
- Coat cutlets with cooking spray and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Turn cutlets and cook 1 minute or cook through.
- Transfer turkey to a platter. Keep warm
- Turn off heat to hot skillet and add marmalade and stir 30 seconds or until spreadable and warmed.
- Return turkey and accumulated juices to skillet, turning to coat cutlets.
- Spoon rice mixture onto a serving plate and top rice with turkey cutlets; spoon sauce over cutlets and serve hot. (I served three cutlets per person)
- Serve with your favorite veg's and salad. Enjoy!