Meatball Stuffed Tomato
This is also a great low carb dish.
A late thought, but you could leave out the butter and/or olive oil in the sauce and cook the veggies in a little low sodium chicken broth. Hence making it even lighter!
- mini turkey meatballs-see link below
- 2 Tbsp
- each of unsalted butter and olive oil
- 3 clove
- garlic cloves, crushed
- onion, chopped
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c
- chicken or turkey stock-homemade or low sodium
- 1-2 Tbsp
- asagio or parmesan cheese, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Meatball Stuffed Tomato
- 3For Sauce: Place onions and garlic in skillet with olive oil & butter. Cook over low heat till onions are tender. Add mushrooms. Now mix together 1 c. of room temp. chicken or turkey broth with 1-2 Tbsp. of cornstarch. Mix well and add to veggie mix. Stir well and let thicken. Place meatballs in skillet and reheat.
- 4OPT: Place tomato on plate in micro and cook for about 2 min. Stuff with meatballs and veggie sauce. Top with grated parmesan.