Individual Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Bites
Any ground meat can be used for these little guys; including turkey,sausage, chicken or beef.
1 cpanko breadcrumbs, divided
1 cfinely grated parmesan cheese, divided
1 Tbspolive oil
1 cdiced onion
1 1/2 tspitalian seasoning
1/2 cevaporated milk
1 tspground mustard
1 Tbspbrown sugar
2 lbground turkey
6 ozmozzarella cheese, low-fat -cut into 12 bite-size pieces
16 ozjar pasta sauce, or your own, heated
How to Make Individual Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Bites
- Heat oven to 375^. Spray well a 12 count muffin tin.Set aside.
Combine 1/2 c. of the panko crumbs and 1/2 c. of thParmesanan cheese with the olive oil in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat egg until light in color. Add remaining 1/2 c. panko crumbs and 1/2 c. cheese; and remaining ingredients, except the mozzarella cheese and the tomato sauce.Combine well , but do not over mix, so it doesn't get mushy.
- Divide the mixture in the muffin pan. Place one hunk of cheese in the center of the mixture and enclose it with the meat. Smooth the top over.
- Sprinkle the reserved breadcrumbs and cheese/olive oil mixture over tops of each cup, press lightly down to adhere.
Place muffin tin on foil covered baking sheet to catch any overflow- to keep oven clean.
- Bake until cooked through about 25-30 minutes.
Remove to wire rack for a few minutes. Loosen meatloaf bites with a small kitchen knife.
Serve with mashed potatoes or cooked pasta with hot pasta sauce.