Husband won't eat any other dressing
- 3 1/2 pkg
- franz crouton dressing mix blue bags
- 4 can(s)
- chicken stock
- 1 large
- onion (yellow or white) chopped
- 1 bunch
- celery (chopped) about 2 cups
- 2 pkg
- jimmy dean sausage (cooked)
- 2 c
- giblet stock (from turkey)
- 1 c
- butter (melted) i use tillamook brand
- 1/2 Tbsp
- salt & pepper (or to taste)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter for onions & celery cooking
- 3 -4 large
- eggs (slightly beaten)
How to Make Husband won't eat any other dressing
- 1The night before I chop all the onion & celery. I also cook the Turkey giblets the night before in 3 - 4 cups of water.(heart, neck & liver) bring to a boil and simmer until the meat is cooked and can be cut off of neck bone. Chop the meat up and add to the water you boiled them in. Save to bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- 2Thanksgiving morning, start cooking the sausage and drain fat off. Set aside. Cook diced onion & celery in 3 Tbs. butter. Cook until transparent. Set aside. Get a very large bowl and add 2 - 3 bags of Franz croutons ( may add more croutons just a matter of taste) add the giblet stock and onions & celery. Also add the beaten eggs and extra canned chicken broth
until it is wet. Add drained sausage melted butter and the poultry seasoning from the Franz crouton bags. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly. It should be wet but not drenched.
- 3This is ready for the Turkey (will stuff a 15 - 20 lb Turkey) Be sure Turkey is rinsed and patted dry before stuffing. Stuff loosely for expansion. What is left (there will be some left), put in a buttered casserole and cook 40 min. approx. before Turkey is finished.
- 4This is the greatest tasting dressing ever. The sausage is not over whelming.