Ground turkey/veggie & cheese calzones
I used whole wheat pizza dough, but you can use regular pizza dough, usually found near the pizza section in a store.
- 8 oz
- ground turkey breast
- 14-1/2 oz can italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 c
- chopped broccoli
- 1/2 tsp
- dried italian seasonings
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 c
- chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onion
- 2 pkg
- refrigerated pizza dough, like pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 c
- reduced-fat, shredded italian style cheese
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- reduced-fat, grated parmesan cheese
- 1 jar(s)
- pizza sauce
How to Make Ground turkey/veggie & cheese calzones
- 1Heat oven to 425. Spray a lg baking sheet w/ cooking spray.
- 2In skillet, over med-high heat, brown ground turkey w/ onion. Stir in tomatoes, broccoli, italian seasonings, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 min, or until liquid is dissolved. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in green bell pepper.
- 3Unroll pizza dough pkgs onto floured surface. Roll out each pkg of dough, cut each pkg of dough into 6-5" squares. Repeat w/ remaining dough. Divide filling evenly among squares. Sprinkle w/ cheese. Brush edges w/ water. Stretch dough over filling of each dough. Repeat w/ remaining dough. Press edges w/ fork to seal. Place calzones on baking sheet. Prick tops w/ a fork. Brush tops w/ milk. Sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese. Bake 10 min, or until golden. Place pizza sauce in small bowl and serve w/ calzones.