2Lightly oil a large no-stick frying pan with olive or coconut oil.
Pre-heat the pan on medium.
3Scoop out meat mixture by heaping tablespoon, or medium disher/scoop. Roll into balls.
4Cook meatballs 6-9 minutes til cooked through, turning half way.
Do not overcook.
1) You can stretch this recipe quickly and easily by mixing in a chub of turkey breakfast sausage (I use Jennie O brand)
2) If I'm in a hurry I substitute dehydrated minced onion and a T or two of water.
3) This can be mixed ahead of time and stored in the frig for a quick fix. Or shape the meatballs and freeze them!
4) This recipe also makes great burgers.
5) Using almond meal adds protein
6) I like to bake the meatballs, and serve them with my Rosemary Chili-Lime Squash.
They're great together, and baking together saves energy :) I start the squash while I'm making the meatballs, so they don't overcook.
7) For appetizer, simply use a smaller scoop and cook a few minutes less.