GARLIC BUTTER, LEMON, HERB SLOW COOK TURKEY BREAST
Fresh lemon juice helps tenderize the meat and the leftover rinds act as a base to prop the turkey. I add more lemon flavor with lemon pepper seasoning.
Herbs are strictly personal. For this recipe, I recommend Penzey’s Northwoods, a mix of salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, rosemary, garlic & chipotle. Paprika is a must to help give a good color to the surface of the meat. I throw in fresh rosemary any time I have it; I love rosemary on fowl.
3-4 lbturkey breast, thawed (i got my turkey breast at aldi, of all places. it's not a place i shop often, especially for meat. but this turkey breast is a winner….an #aldifind for sure)
4 Tbspgarlic & herb butter (i use kerrygold), softened
3 tsplemon pepper seasoning
3 tsppenzeys northwoods seasoning (or your favorite turkey seasoning blend)
1 cchicken bone broth (bone broth is so much richer and healthier than regular broth)
How to Make GARLIC BUTTER, LEMON, HERB SLOW COOK TURKEY BREAST
- Spread garlic butter over entire turkey and under skin if possible.
- Sprinkle all seasonings over turkey; rub on all sides.
- Squeeze lemon juice over; place squeezed lemon in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place turkey breast atop lemons.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours; make sure internal temperature reaches at leas 165 degrees F.
- Turn off slow cooker; baste turkey with all drippings.
- Allow turkey to sit for 15 minutes.