We love to bake garlic french fries to go with it, putting them in as we remove the loaf from the pan and serve up a salad on the side.
- 3 lb
- ground turkey meat
- 3 large
- 2 c
- oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- ground garlic (heaping)
- 2 1/2 tsp
- cajun injector brand cajun shake
- 1 large
- onion, minced
- ketchup to taste (for on top)
How to Make Easy Meatloaf
- 1Place all ingredients in a very large bowl. Take off your rings, get your hands in there, and mix, mix, mix! Make sure all ingredients are well blended with your hands.
- 2Either make one very LARGE loaf, or two smaller loaves in loaf pans. (I try to make sure they are sprayed with pam, but some do not use this.) Be sure to press the loaf(ves) well into the pan to avoid air pockets. smoth the top.
- 3Place loaf pan(s) on cookie sheet in case of grease overflow. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately an hour, or until the meat is fully cooked. Pull out loaf(ves) and cover the top with ketchup and place back in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the ketchup is a bit bubbly and thick.
- 4Remove the loaves from the pan so that any liquid grease that cooked out of the meat (which should be minimal) won't be reabsorbed into the meat. Serve. Serves about 12 people well.