- turkey breast tenderloins(about 1 # total)
- thin fresh asparagus spears
- non stick cooking spray
- 1/2 c
- reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Diabetic..Asparagus-Stuffed Turkey Rolls
- 1Split each turkey breast tenderloin in half horizontally to form a total of 4 turkey steaks.
Place each steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
Using the flat side of a meat mallet,lightly pound turkey to 1/4 " thickness.
Trim asparagus spears,breaking off woody ends.
Arrange 4 asparagus spears on the short end of each turkey piece,Roll up turkey.If necessary,secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 2Coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Preheat skillet over medium heat.Cook turkey rolls in hot skillet until browned,turning to brown evenly.
Add broth,lemon juice,salt,and pepper. Bringto boiling;reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- 3Transfer turkey to serving platter;discard toothpicks.
Cover and keep warm.
Boil liquid in skillet,uncovered,for 2-3 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. spoon over turkey.