Candi's Creamy Turkey & Stuffing pot pie
This is what I threw together, it turned out so good the family has been steeling bites of the extra's right out of the crockpot for hours!!
- 4 medium
- russet potatoes (baked)
- 2 medium
- onions (roasted)
- 2 small
- carrots diced
- stalks celery diced
- 6 small
- garlic cloves diced
- green onions diced
- 2 c
- stuffing (if using stovetop 1 package cooked to instructions)
- 1-2 c
- whole milk
- 1 c
- diced turkey
- 4-6 c
- turkey gravy
- 2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp
- refrigerated pie crusts (or homemade)
How to Make Candi's Creamy Turkey & Stuffing pot pie
- 1Clean, stab ends of potatoes with fork, slather with shortening and bake at 400* for 1 hour until "baked" soft.Set aside and let cool
Peel, cut of both ends of onion so they'll sit up straight. Pour beef broth into bottom of pan about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle top of onion with poultry seasoning and a touch of sage. set a pad of butter on top of onions, cover completely and bake at 400* for 1 hour or until softening and transparency starts. Set aside and let cool.
- 5At this point you'll want to salt and pepper to taste.
ready your pie crusts (I used another JAP members recipe for homemade and it was very yummy, I also baked it for about 20 minutes on 350* before filling it)
- 6Just before your ready to fill your pie crust, add your cooked stuffing to your "soup" mixture stirring it in good.
Let set for about 5 minutes.
- 7Fill pie crust, top with 2nd pie crust (that has not been cooked). Cook at 350* until top crust is golden brown.