Collard Greens and Smoked Turkey Necks
- 1 large
- yellow onion
- 2 large
- smoked turkey necks
- enough water to cover the necks
- 4 bunch
- collard greens
- 1/2 tsp
- morton's seasoning salt ( to taste)
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil (i use grapeseed oil) or pompeian: olivextra premium a blend of canola, extra virgin olive oil, and grapeseed oil
How to Make Collard Greens and Smoked Turkey Necks
- 1Cut up onion into 1/2 inch pieces
Cut necks in half
Add enough water to just cover the necks
Cook until slightly tender; 1 hour on low boil.
- 2While necks are cooking, wash collard greens and drain.
Roll up leaf tightly, slice down the middle long ways. Chop leaf into bite size pieces.
- 3Add collard greens to the turkey necks and water.
Add 2 tbl. of oil
Cook for an additional hour or more depending on how tender you like your greens.