Brined & Roasted Turkey Breast
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 ccoarse salt
·fresh ground pepper
How to Make Brined & Roasted Turkey Breast
- The night before you want to roast your turkey, place clean turkey in large container or pot (I use the inside dish of a crock pot).
- In a large bowl, add salt, sugar and water (about 1-2 gallons, depending on the size of your turkey breast. You want to cover the turkey with the brine mixture.
- Stir the salt and sugar in the water until completely dissolved. Pour over the turkey, and refrigerate 12-14 hours.
- When you're ready to roast the turkey - Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take out turkey, and drain the brine liquid.
- Cut the apple into quarters, and set them aside.
- Put turkey in roasting pan, on rack. Coat with olive oil outside the entire turkey. Sprinkle coarse salt, lots of fresh ground pepper, and sage -- everywhere (on top, sides, and in cavity.)
- Bake as directed for your size of turkey (5 pounds = about 1 3/4 hours. Bake uncovered!
- When done, let it rest 10 minutes before carving. Tasty, juicy turkey!!
- If turkey isn't a beautiful brown, raise heat to 'broil' and broil about 10 minutes.