Better Than Beef Turkey Burgers
1/3 cuncooked oatmeal
1 1/4 lbground turkey
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tsponion powder
1/4 tspblack pepper
1 clovefinely chopped garlic
How to Make Better Than Beef Turkey Burgers
- Place all ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Mix until just incorporated.
- Form into 4 large patties or 6 small patties and place on squares of waxed paper. (Mixture will be very soft.)
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Please don't skip this step. This allows the oatmeal to hydrate and firms up the patties.
- Heat grill to medium. When hot, place patties on non-stick aluminum foil. Cook until deep grill marks form and then flip. Do not try to flip them sooner or they could break apart. Continue to cook on second side until you see nice, dark grill marks. Do not over cook. You want them to be moist. Only flip once.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil and let them rest for a few minutes while you toast the buns on the grill. Serve with lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo or Thousand Island dressing.