Shrimp and veggie bowl (or burrito)
1 mediumsweet potato
1/2 cblack beans
1 ccooked rice or quinoa (your choice)
2 cfresh spinach
1 largebell pepper
1 smallyellow onion
1 can(s)sliced red beets
2 tspbalsamic glaze
How to Make Shrimp and veggie bowl (or burrito)
- Preheat grill. Wash vegetables, and peel potato.
- Slice zucchini and sweet potatove into long slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Spray with cooking oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice bell pepper into thirds, removing the core/seeds. Spray with cooking oil and set aside.
- Slice onions, and either saute them on the stove, or grill them with the rest of the veggies. I actually decided to caramelize mine in a pan.
- Prep shrimp how you prefer. You can either grill them with the veggies, or saute them in a pan. I actually bought pre-cooked shrimp from the Sprouts Grocery.
- Grill veggies (and shrimp) until done (about 5 min each side).
- Divide grilled veggies, shrimp, onion, spinach, beets, beans and rice between 2 serving bowls.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of balsamic glaze on top, and add about 2 tablespoons hummus.