Beef & Bean Tacos
My family really loved the flavor and the tacos were a huge hit!
Hope your family enjoys these tacos as much as my family did.
·1 pound ground beef- 73% lean
·1- 15 0z. can of pinto beans- drained and rinsed. i used pinto beans with bacon
·1 can-14-1/2 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
·1 can-11 0z. mexicorn, drained.
·1 can- 10-3/4th 0z condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
·1/4th cup water
·2 teaspoons chili powder
·12 taco shells, warmed
·optional toppings: chopped sweet red pepper, thinly sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese
·*** i used stand up taco shells. i used triple cheddar cheese, grated for the topping
How to Make Beef & Bean Tacos
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; now drain.
Stir in the beans, tomatoes, Mexicorn, soup, water and chili powder.
- Bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
Follow pkg directions on the box of your taco shells.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells, serve with toppings of your choice.
- **** I had some beef mixture left over, I froze it for later use. This beef mixture can be used for burritos or on nacho chips and excellent for a taco salad. My family enjoyed the tacos with tater tots. Filling and so delicious.
- Note: I made meat mixture in my skillet on medium heat. Baked the taco shells for 7 minutes in the oven.