Beef and Bean Burritos
1 lbchuck roast or steak
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tsponion powder
1 can(s)refried beans
1 pkg(8 oz.) shredded mexican cheese
8 largeflour tortillas
2 Tbspcanola oil
1 largetomato, chopped
1 cshredded lettuce
How to Make Beef and Bean Burritos
- Cook beef in oven at 325 for 4-5 hours or until beef shreds easily. You can also make this in the slow cooker on high for 8+ hours. (Reserve stock for another use by chilling it, scraping off fat and then freezing it.)
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place in oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until warm. Remove tortillas.
- While tortillas are warming, Sprinkle beef with garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Shred beef mixing spices as you go. until warm.
- Spread beans onto the center of tortilla, Spoon on shredded beef, sprinkle with cheese.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. canola oil in a nonstick skillet. Brown each burrito and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Fold the bottom of tortilla over 1 1/2 inches and roll burrito. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato. Serve!