Grilled Steaks And Tomatoe With Basil Garlic Bread
32 ozbone or porterhouse steaks cut 1 inch thick
3 Tbspolive oil
1 tspdried basil leaves
1/2 tspgarlic powder
8 ozloaf french bread
6 SLICE TOMATO ¾ INCH THICK
2 Tbspparmesan cheese grated
How to Make Grilled Steaks And Tomatoe With Basil Garlic Bread
- Combine oil, basil and garlic powder; reserve. Place beef steaks on grid over medium coals. Grill steaks 10 to 17 minutes for rare (140 F) to medium (160 F), turning once.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Meanwhile cut bread in half lengthwise; brush 1½ tablespoons basil mixture evenly on cut side of bread.
- Brush remaining basil mixture on one side of each tomato slice. About five minutes before steaks are done, place bread, cut-side down, and tomatoes on grid with steaks; grill 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn bread and tomatoes over; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Continue grilling 1 to 3 minutes or until bread is golden brown and tomatoes are just heated through.
- Cut bread diagonally into slices. Carve steaks into thick slice.
- Serve with bread and tomato slices.