T'S PAN-FRIED OYSTERS
1 ptshucked fresh oysters
1 cself-rising flour
1/2 tsplouisiana seafood seasoning (more or less to personal taste)
pinchsalt to taste
·canola or vegetable oil for frying
·cocktail sauce for serving
How to Make T'S PAN-FRIED OYSTERS
- Drain and rinse oysters, examining each for any bits of shell.
- To a one gallon food storage bag, add one cup self-rising flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal and 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning; shake well to combine.
- One at a time, add oysters to the flour, shaking bag after each addition. Set aside.
- Add about 1/4 to 1/3 inch of oil to fry pan. Heat over medium/medium-high heat until oil begins to shimmer (not smoke!)
- Gently shake the oyster bag to cover any moist spots on the oysters with flour. Carefully place floured oysters, one at a time, into the hot oil. Fry for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to absorbent paper.
- Plate and serve immediately with your favorite cocktail sauce.