Spicy Thai Scallops With Lime & Chili
It is so flavorful and delicious, that you won't believe how easy it is to make.
Your guests will leave happy.
- 16 scallops, large sea, shelled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 11/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 11/2 teaspoon ginger, fresh, grated
- 5 scallions, fresh, finely sliced
- 1 lime, finely grated rind
- 1 - 2 birds eye chili, fresh, red, hot, very finely chopped
- 3 - 4 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 4 cups rice, steamed, jasmine
- 4 lime wedges (garnish)
How to Make Spicy Thai Scallops With Lime & Chili
- 1Wash and pat dry your scallops.
- 2Slice each scallop in half horizontally.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a pan and add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute.
- 4Next add the scallions and fry for 1 minute, you do not want to brown.
- 5Now add the scallops and fry over high heat for 5 minutes, stir in the lime rind, chili, lime juice and sugar and cook for another minute.
- 6Serve the scallops over the rice. Add the pan juices and garnish with the lime wedges.