Spanish Style Shrimp with Garlic
- large shrimp, uncooked, tails on
- 2 oz
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 5-6 clove
- (large) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- dried red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 6 oz
- sherry or other sweet wine
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 4 tsp
- fresh, flat leaf parsley, chopped
How to Make Spanish Style Shrimp with Garlic
- 1In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic & red pepper and saute for about a minute, just until garlic starts to toast. Do not let garlic burn.
- 2Add the shrimp, lemon juice, broth, sherry & paprika. Stir well. Turn heat up and cook until shrimp are done - about 4-5 minutes.
- 3Remove shrimp to serving dish with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add salt & pepper to sauce. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes allowing sauce to thicken slightly. Turn off the heat and add butter. Stir to melt.
- 5Pour sauce over shrimp and spinkle with parsley.