1/2 tspwhite pepper
4 cwhole milk
8 ozshredded monterey jack cheese
1 lblump crab meat or imitation crab meat
1 pkg(6 oz.) salad shrimp
10 mediumfour tortillas
How to Make Seafood Enchiladas
- Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook and stir for 5 minutes (should have a nutty aroma, but not burned).
- Add 1/2 tsp white pepper. Stir in 2 tbsp lobster base and cook for an additional minute. Add milk and wine. Add 2 oz. of the cheese. Continue to cook until thickened. Remove from heat and place sauce in refrigerator to cool.
- When ready to assemble enchiladas, Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine crab with shrimp in a medium size bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of cold sauce. Mix well; set aside.
- Lay out the tortillas on a flat surface. Place 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the crab mixture across the center of each tortilla. Place flap of the tortilla over the crab mix and roll.
- Place flap side down onto a lightly greased baking dish cover while you heat up sauce.
- Pour heated sauce over the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining Monterey jack cheese. Put into a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Watch closely and do not allow to burn (brown spots).
- Sprinkle each enchilada with a bit of paprika if desired.
- Plate and serve.