This dish is delicious and traditional - a happy combination - though its expensive ingredients make it a rare treat rather than an everyday affair.
For the best flavor the fish has to be freshly killed just before cooking.
- 2 lb lobster
- 1/2 c
- irish whiskey
- whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Dublin Lawyer
- 1Plunge a sharp knife into the cross on the back of the head. Slice in half lengthwise and crack open the claws.
- 2Remove all the flesh and cut into large chunks. Keep both halves of the shell for serving.
- 3Toss the lobster meat in foaming butter over a medium heat for a few minutes until cooked. Take care that the butter does not burn.
- 4Add the whiskey and when it has heated up set light to it. Pour in the cream, heat through and season.
- 5Serve in the half shells with plainly boiled fine beans.