This dish is delicious and traditional - a happy combination - though its expensive ingredients make it a rare treat rather than an everyday affair.
For the best flavor the fish has to be freshly killed just before cooking.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 lb lobster
pinchsalt and pepper to taste
How to Make Dublin Lawyer
- Plunge a sharp knife into the cross on the back of the head. Slice in half lengthwise and crack open the claws.
- Remove all the flesh and cut into large chunks. Keep both halves of the shell for serving.
- Toss the lobster meat in foaming butter over a medium heat for a few minutes until cooked. Take care that the butter does not burn.
- Add the whiskey and when it has heated up set light to it. Pour in the cream, heat through and season.
- Serve in the half shells with plainly boiled fine beans.