☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
19 inch deep dish pie shell
1 Tbspbutter, softened
12 slicecrisp bacon, crumbled
1 cswiss cheese, grated
·salt and pepper
6eggs plus 2 extra egg yolks
1 cheavy cream
1/4 cparmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbspbutter, melted and lightly browned
How to Make Quiche Lorraine
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Spread Softened butter on bottom of unbaked pastry shell.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and grated Swiss cheese over butter.
- Sift dry ingredients together into medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, milk and heavy cream to dry ingredients
- Stir until mixed but not frothy.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese and bacon in pastry shell.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 F and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with lightly browned butter.
- Return to oven and bake at 325 F for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot