2 slicewhite bread
2 Tbspmayonnaise (preferably duke's brand)
1/2 Tbspsalted butter or bacon grease
·salt and pepper to season to your taste
How to Make WHITE TRASH SAMMICH (aka Fried Egg and Baloney)
- On each slice of bread, spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Cut bologna in 4 places, from edge toward center, about 1 1/2 inches long (bologna should resemble a flower.)
- Place bologna to one side in skillet with melted butter.
- Break egg and pour into opposite side of skillet; poke egg yolk to break.
- Fry bologna and egg for approximately 2 minutes, flip both and cook until egg is firm and bologna is lightly browned (approximately 1 to 2 minutes.)
- Remove bologna and egg from skillet and place on one slice of prepared bread; season to taste; place remaining slice of bread on top, mayonnaise side down.
- Serve immediately.