Fontina Grilled Cheese Sandwiches w/Fig Jam for 2
- 4 slice
- rustic white bread (i baked my own)
- 1/2-1 Tbsp
- dark aged balsamic vinegar, approximately (trader joe's brand-red label)
- 3 Tbsp
- fig jam (i like trader joe's brand)
- 2 slice
- fontina cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- butter (not margarine)
- pancetta, prosciutto, bacon strips or tempeh bacon
- mixed greens, arugula, etc.
How to Make Fontina Grilled Cheese Sandwiches w/Fig Jam for 2
- 1Combine the balsamic vinegar with the fig jam. Divide and spread the jam mixture on two slices of bread.
- 2Add the fontina cheese slices (or grate the cheese) on top of the jam. If using the pancetta or other meat option and the lettuce, add it now to the sandwiches.
- 3Place the other slice of bread of top of each sandwich.
- 4Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the butter, olive oil or a little of both.
- 5Brown the sandwiches on each side about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Remove sandwiches to a cutting board. Cut in half or quarters and enjoy.