Burger Essentials: Double Burger with Cheese
Andy Anderson !
No fancy, Nouveau toppings, just great, savory burger taste… and maybe some fries on the side.
So, you ready… let’s get into the kitchen.
1/2 lbchuck roast, rough grind
·salt, kosher variety, to taste
·black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
2 ozsharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 sliceblack-forest ham (optional)
How to Make Burger Essentials: Double Burger with Cheese
- Chef’s Note: Here’s a couple of pointers for this recipe:
1. You need freshly-ground chuck roast. Don’t get that compressed ground beef that’s wrapped in plastic. If you can’t grind your own, then have your butcher do it for you… Tell the butcher you want a rough grind. Then it should be packed as loosely as possible.
2. Keep the beef as cold as possible, before it hits the heat.
3. Handle the beef as little as possible, and don’t compact it… leave it relatively loose.
4. There are very thin burgers, so you do not need to press down on them, just let them cook, and flip when ready.