Quick Mango Orange Ribs
- racks of baby back ribs
- 1 ` c
- simply orange with mango juice
- 5 clove
- fresh garlic chopped
- 1/2 medium
- onion, sliced
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 bottle
- sweet baby ray's original bbq sauce found at most any grocery store
AFTER THE RIBS ARE DONE COOKING IN PRESSURE COOKER......
How to Make Quick Mango Orange Ribs
- 1Remove the membrane off the back of the ribs, or have your butcher do it. That's what i do! cut the racks in half and put in large pr xl sized electric pressure cooker.
- 2Scatter the onion slices in the pot over and between the ribs. I use vidalia onions but regular yellow onion is fine too. Vidalio are sweeter and less pungent.
- 3Add rest of ingrediants together in a measuring cup, stir a bit, then pour over the ribs.
- 4Seal the pressure cooker and select the poultry/meat button and select a time of 40 minutes. Fix the rest of your side dishes for the meal!
- 5When complete, let sit for 10 minutes, then open pressure cooker. Some leftover steam may still need to be released. That's fine. Open it after u release and using some tongs carefully lift each 1/2 rack up and put on a broiling pan with the back side of the ribs facing up. The ribs are already falling off the bone but u want them to appear racks when served. Also it may require 2 broiling pans. Discard all the liquid in the pressure cooker.
- 6Squeeze Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce on the back of the ribs, and spread with a basting brush, coating the meat and the bones and inbtw the bones...even the tips of the bones for a finished bbq look. Put under broiler set to 500 and broil for about 5 minutes. Remove and flip the ribs carefully and repeat process. I actually like to drop the oven rack on lower from the broiler so that this process takes a tiny bit longer, but i have more control. You know your oven! I like them cooked until just when starting to turn a little hint of black. Quickly remove. Let sit about 10 minutes or so. You want them too cool down just a bit so they can be handled. (Of course u can cook on your outdoor or indoor grill for this whole step!)
- 7Serve with coleslaw and bbq baked beans. Corn bread if you want to round it out even more.