Elaine's Best Rum Ribs
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup heinz chili sauce
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How to Make Elaine's Best Rum Ribs
- 1Remove the tough membrane from the back of the rack of ribs. It is easy to remove if you use a spoon to start removing at one end of the ribs. Once it is started, just pull and it comes right off. You can skip this step if you like, but the tough membrane never does get tender with cooking.
- 2Wrap the ribs in a double thickness of foil and place in a large roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 1/2 hours or until ribs are cooked through.
- 3Unwrap ribs, drain drippings and discard foil. Line baking pan with foil and place cooked ribs in pan. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Marinate at room temperature, covered, for several hours.
- 4Broil ribs 6 inches from heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning often and basting with sauce. Boil the marinade for a few minutes so that you can serve it with the ribs.