Briana's Grilled Baby Back Ribs
Rose Mary Mogan
I asked her if she knew how to do the Charcoal Grill her reply was "MAMA I DON'T HAVE A DAN AT MY HOUSE" my hubby usually does ours. Said she remembered all the techniques I had taught her. She used indirect heat, & they cooked for 3 hours, 1 hour uncovered with bone side down, and 2 hours in pan covered. OUTSTANDING!
- 6-7 lb
- baby back ribs ( 3 slabs)
- rose mary's spice blend for meats or spices of your choice, granulated garlic, cumin, steak seasoning,onion powder
- sweet baby ray's bar b q sauce
- 1/2 c
- water for each pans
- aluminum pans (9x12) plus lid
How to Make Briana's Grilled Baby Back Ribs
- 1Wash the ribs first, then remove the thin membrane on the back side of the ribs, using the tip of a sharp knife. Place the tip of the knife at the beginning of the slab by placing the tip of knife under the thin membrane on the back side just enough to lift it up so you can grab it with your fingers then pull away from ribs until it is completely released.
- 2Then season the ribs with your choice of spices, ROSE MARY'S SPICE BLEND for MEATS cut the ribs in half if desired and allow to marinate for about an hour, or longer if desired. I prefer to combine all of the spices in a small bowl then blend together before seasoning meat, if I am not using my special blend. It is much easier for me that way.
- 3Prep the charcoal or gas grill as desired. If using charcoal, please allow the charcoal to turn white before you add the ribs, and use INDIRECT HEAT. That is place the charcoal on one side of the grill and add the ribs to the opposite side of the grill, not directly over the charcoal.
- 4Once the charcoals turn white, add the ribs with the bones side down, on opposite side of charcoals, allow to cook for at least 1 hour. Then place the ribs in a aluminum pan, add 1/2 cup water. THIS CREATES MOISTURE AND PREVENTS RIBS FROM BECOMING DRY. Cover pan TIGHTLY with lid or foil. Continue to cook indirectly for 1 1/2 hours, remove the foil or lid & then brush ribs with barbeque sauce of your choice and cook an additional 1/2 hour.