Zucchini Master Mix for- Meatballs, Burgers, Meatloaf !
We sometimes make the burgers on the outdoor grill or in a skillet in the kitchen... either way is good.
I saved money by using zucchini to "pump up the volume"
I saved time by making a few different things from one recipe.
I made it healthier by adding the veggies!
*** Sometimes we add additions things like peppers and minced mushrooms.
It is moist and tasty for all of the recipes made from this Master Recipe!
- 1 large
- zucchini (about 4 cups) finely grated after seeds are removed and skin is left on
- 3 large
- onions (minced) (3 cups)
- 10 slice
- bread (crumbled)
- 4 large
- eggs (beaten with liquid from zucchini)
- 5 large
- cloves garlick (minced fine)
- 2 Tbsp
- dry basil
- 1 tsp
- each: salt, pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp
- each: garlic powder, dry oregano
- 5 lb
- ground beef
- 3 lb
- ground pork
How to Make Zucchini Master Mix for- Meatballs, Burgers, Meatloaf !
- 1In a very large bowl (a roast pan will work too), put in onions and zucchini you prepared. Tilt the bowl by placing a folded towel under the end where the veggies are at. Add the eggs to the zucchini liquid. Beat together well. Add the spices and garlic, beat together and stir in the bread crumbs (the bread crumbs will soak up the liquid and be thick) Mix the veggies in well. (Depending on size and thickness of bread slices, you may need to add more bread). This should be about the same thickness as the meats.
Form into a loaf shape and bake in a 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan (be sure to leave room all the way around the "loaf" for fat drippings).
Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes or until done to your liking.
Cool and Freeze until needed. Or if serving right away, During the last 15 minutes of baking, drain the oil from the pan and pour either a large can of tomato soup or a large can of spaghetti sauce over the top of the meatloaf and return it to oven to finish baking.
Serve with mashed potatoes and corn.