Working Girls Bavarian Pork Roast
You can put everything in a disposable slow cooker liner the night before, and on the way out the door in the AM, put your filled liner in your slow cooker, turn on low, and when you come home supper is done.
I also used to peel and dice potatoes, cover with water, and refridgerate the night before. When I came home all I had to do is put the potatoes on and supper was well under way
3 lbpork roast, a smaller one is ok too
1 mediumgranny smith apple, cored and cut into 6 wedges
1 mediumonion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
2 lbbag bavarian style saurekraut (in refridgerated section, has caraway seeds in it)
3 Tbspbrown sugar, packed
1/4 cwhite wine like chardonnay)
8 largejuniper berries ( i get mine online)
2 mediumbay leaves
1/2 tspeach salt and pepper, or to taste
2 Tbspbacon fat
How to Make Working Girls Bavarian Pork Roast
- Put a disposable slow cooker liner in a large bowl.
- Put in the bag of sauerkraut, and push the apple and onion wedges down into the sauerkraut.
- Sprinkle with wine, juniper berries, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and push bay leaf into sauerkraut.
- Place roast on top, spread with bacon fat.
- You can cook now,or do what I did, the next Am place your filled liner in slow cooker, turn on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.