I love the fried watermelon dipped in pasta sauce... so I developed several recipes using cooked watermelon rind.
It totally sounds crazy.... but trust me... it is just CRAZY GOOD!
So don't throw out that watermelon rind..... cook it up!
- french bread, italian bread, flour tortillas, fresh or frozen pizza dough
- watermelon meatballs (broken up a bit)
- pepperoni, ham, sausage
- gavin's own pasta sauce with veggies
- or your favorite sauce
- onions, (sliced), green peppers (diced), precooked watermelon rind.
- mozzarella cheese (shredded)
LINKS TO MY WATERMELON RECIPES
How to Make Watermelon Pizza!
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cut loaves of bread length wise in half.
Put sauce on bread, put toppings on bread and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is done to your liking.
- 3When done. Let cool a little before cutting into serving sizes.