Tortilla-Crusted Veggie and Sausage Fritata
- 1 tsp
- olive oil(or other)
- corn tortilla
- small-med. green chili(or whatever pepper you like), chopped
- 1/4 c
- fresh sweet corn(or frozen)
- 1/4 c
- diced zucchini
- eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- smoked sausage link, sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp
- shredded cheese
How to Make Tortilla-Crusted Veggie and Sausage Fritata
- 1Preheat broiler
- 2Put the oil in a small skillet and tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sides. Heat over med-high heat til hot.
- 3Add the tortilla and cook until starting to get brown and crispy on bottom.
- 4Pour the beaten egg over the tortilla and tilt pan to spread evenly.
- 5Scatter on the prepared veggies, salt and pepper to taste and cook until egg is getting close to set on top.
- 6Layer on the sliced sausage and sprinkle with cheese. Then pop under the broiler for 2-4 min. until cheese is bubbly and egg is set.
- 7***If you wish to roast your veggies, here's what you do: Stick the whole chili right on the burner of your stove. Let it get charred on one side then continue rotating it until all sides are charred. Pop it in a paper sack while you deal with the rest of your veggies. Take your ear of corn and place it on the burner. You only need to char one or two sides of the ear as you only need 1/4 c. total. After the corn is charred, cut it off the cob. Slice about three med-thick slices of zucchini and, once again, pop it right on the burner to char on both sides. Dice it up. Now your chili should be read...take it out of the bag and just rub the skin off with your fingers. dice it up.