- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil (portugusese or italian)
- 1/2 lb
- portuguese sausage(spicy pork sasauge ),sliced
- 2 large
- white onions, sliced
- 1 lb
- fresh ripe tomatoes.(or 1 can ripe tomatoes)
- 5 c
- fresh chicken stock.(or canned,low soduim
- bay leaf
- 1/2 c
- fresh parsley chopped,(flat parsley or italian parsley
- 1 small
- red or green chili pepper.(or 1 teaspoon of( piri-piri is portuguese hot sauce or italian hot sauce.)
- salt,pepper for taste.(taste broth first, before adding salt.
How to Make Tomato and sausage soupa (soup)
- 1IN a LARGE PAN, heat the oil over medium heat, and brown the sausage ,Add onions until the onions are nice and golden.
- 2IF you are using fresh tomatoes,peel and chop them before adding them to sausage and onions.
IF you are using canned tomatoes,Pour them with the liquid into the pot with the sausage ,and break them up with a spoon.
- 3AFTER cooking them for 5 minutes.ADD the stock, bay leaf ,parsley ,salt and chopped chili,or piri- piri (HOT SAUCE).
- 4SIMMER gently for 30 minutes
SERVE WITH (or crusty italian or portuguese bread.
ONE way that we do is .We add the bread to the bottom of the soup bowl,Then add the soup on top.
OMG ist so good,filling and very tasty .
- 5THIS HEARTY SUMMER SOUP requires the best of vine ripened tomatoes.
IF not available ,canned tomatoes are fine SUBSTITUTE.
PLAN to serve the soup with lots of fresh Portuguese or Italian bread:
THE PORTUGUESE way is to place the bread in the bottom of each bowl and ,Them pour the hot soup over it.
OMG ITS'S SO YUMMY AND IT WARMS YOUR STOMACH UP IN A COLD DAY .OR ANY TIME YOU MAKE IT ITS WONDERFUL RICH AND MORE FLAVORED ,The NEXT DAY. SERVE with a glass of light crispy white wine.(a Glass of water with lemon twist .ENJOY ,FROM GRANDMMY'S KITCHEN to YOU ALL.