Thick Pork Chops & Italian Sausage Baked With Wedged Sweet Potatoes Italian Style
- or more thick cut pork chops
- or more italian sweet sausaage
- large cleaned baking potatoes
- large cleaned sweet potatoes
- large vidalia onion chopped
- cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- cup grated pecorino/romano cheese
How to Make Thick Pork Chops & Italian Sausage Baked With Wedged Sweet Potatoes Italian Style
- 1I am using 1 thick cut pork chop per person and 2 sausage links per person, so you can portion size this dish according to how many your feeding. Could be 6 or 8, size pan accordingly.
- 2POTATOES FIRST: With skins on, clean and boil until fork tender all your potatoes, set aside and cool. When cooled and remove skins and cut into wedges, set aside.
- 3PORK CHOPS AND SAUSAGE: Pan should be the size needed to hold all chops,sausage and potato wedges. Put in the bottom of the pan just a sprinkle of olive oil and 3/4 cup of water. Place your pork chops, sausage and potato wedges on top of olive oiland water for all to fit. Sprinkle with just a little grated cheese.
- 4TOPPING: Chop vidalia onion, add grated cheese, Italian seasoned bread crumbs and mix together. Sprinkle all of this all over the chops, sausage and potato wedges. Sprinkle with a little more olive oil and BAKE 350 for 1 hour until pork chops are done, check that they are done and sausage is done according to your ovens heat. You can loosly cover with alum. foil first 1/2 hr. then uncover the rest of the time. Enjoy...