★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 lblean pork , cubed
2 pkgmc/cormic mexican meatball seasoning (albondigas al chipotle)
3 Tbspmesquite liquid smoke
1 largeonion sliced
1 1/2 largegreen bell pepper, sliced
1 1/2 largered bell pepper , sliced
2 largefresh hatch green chilies , seeded and sliced
1/3 ctomato paste
1 clowfat cream cheese (or low-fat youguart)
·salt and black pepper to taste
1 cwater if preparing on stovetop
How to Make Tex-Mex Goulash
- Combine first 3 ingredents in zip lock baggie and refridgerate 2 hours if possible.
- STOVE TOP METHOD: Heat skillet on stovetop over med high heat. Add 2-3T oil and pork mixture. sauté for 2-3 min until slightly browned.
- add veggies, saute 2-3 min.
- Add tomato paste. Saute until warm.
- Add water, salt and pepper . Lower heat to med low and cover w/tight fitting lid.
- cook 15 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Mix in cream cheese. Heat , serve over rice if desired.
- DIRECTIONS FOR SLOW-COOKER / CROCKPOT
- Follow step 1 in previous recipe.
- Add pork mixture, tomato paste and veggies in oil-sprayed crockpot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours / low for 3 1/2 - 4 hours.( stir after 1/2 of the cooking time)
- Mix in cream cheese. Cover for 15 min.
Serve over rice if desired